All-Inclusive | Small Group Tour
Tour departs with a minimum of 1 and maximum of 10 escapists!
All Year | $75.00
8:30am – 12:00pm on Tue*, Thu*, Fri, Sat, Sun
1:00pm – 4:30pm on Mon, Wed
Surrounded by stunning wilderness and waterways, the Emerald City is defined by its natural beauty and eclectic urban charm. Explore Seattle as only our naturalist guides can reveal it. On this half-day journey, visit iconic landmarks, historic districts, city woodlands, locks, and Discovery Park, the city’s most spectacular natural preserve. Spot for wildlife and learn the local and natural history, culture and geology of this diverse region.
*Tuesdays & Thursdays available only May 15 – Oct 31
- Pioneer Square
- Pike Place Market
- Drive up Seattle Waterfront & view Sculpture Park
- Iconic Seattle view from Kerry Park
- Interbay P-Patch/ Community Garden
- Magnolia Bluff and the beautiful Pacific Madrones
- Discovery Park
- The Ballard Locks & Fish Ladder
- Fisherman’s Terminal and the “Deadliest Catch” Boat (when not crabbing)
- Neighborhoods of Bell Town, Queen Anne, Fremont & Magnolia
- Fremont Troll and Rocket
- Sustainability in Seattle
Many Seattleites cite our region’s natural beauty, proximity to outdoor adventures and experiences as their primary motivations for living here. It is because of this that the city has chosen “Metronatural” as its tagline. With some of the World’s most stunning wilderness and waterways surrounding Seattle it is amazing how much wildness survives within the city limits! This fun, educational and informative northwest experience leads you around the city following our “Emerald Necklace” of city parks, woodlands, neighborhoods, locks, college campuses and shorelines. You will have the opportunity to spot for Pacific Northwest birds and wildlife, including expert interpretation of local and natural history, culture, geology, urban ecosystems. Take in the historical Pioneer Square area of old Seattle, learn of the Great Seattle Fire, the Klondike Gold Rush and hear the history of the Space Needle, Smith Tower, Pike Place Market, catch a glimpse of the Olympic Sculpture Park, a nine-acre open and vibrant green space for art!
Enjoy morning or afternoon tea while taking in the iconic views of the city at Kerry Park. Next we drive along Magnolia bluff spying stunning homes and the majestic Pacific Madrones on our way to the 534-acre Discovery Park, the largest park in Seattle! The site is one of breathtaking majesty overlooking Puget Sound and offering spectacular views of both the Cascade and the Olympic Mountain ranges. Enjoy an optional nature walk at the park to view some of the local flora, fauna, wildlife, and birds.
Today your guide will be sure to share few examples of how the city of Seattle is leading in the way in community sustainability. View one of our community gardens located in Interbay and known to locals as our biggest and oldest P-Patch in the city. While in Fremont we make a sweet stop at the only organic, fair trade, bean-to-bar chocolate factory in the USA and sample confections that delight your palate, ignite your imagination and inspire you to think and act sustainably! Come on this urban escape and experience first hand “Metronatural!”
Half-day Explore Seattle Tour
- Activities | Hiking, photography, wildlife spotting, bird watching, iconic and educational sightseeing with naturalist interpretation
- Interests | Organic chocolate, sustainability, local culture, neighborhoods, locks, ecology, geology, botany, local and natural history
- Group Size | Maximum of 10
- Pick-up and Drop-off at any Downtown Seattle Hotel, Downtown Cruise Terminal, or Columbia Sportswear retail store (290 Pine St.)
- Highly qualified naturalist Escape Artist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted luxury Mercedes Van or Crossover
- Morning tea or coffee and fresh-baked pastries
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
- Duration | 3.5 hours
- Season | Year Round | *Tuesdays & Thursdays available only May 15 – Oct 31
- All-Inclusive Rate | $75 per person + tax
- Age | 6+
Ask about customizing this as a private escape!
EverGreen Escapes is Cascadia’s premier local and sustainable adventure, nature and epicurean tour company. Specializing in private and small group, naturalist led escapes in bio-fueled Mercedes Vans and Crossovers. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
- We recommend wearing layers that you can add if there is wind or rain, and remove when there is sunshine. Comfortable walking shoes will allow you to explore further at some of our stops. It’s always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. See more on how to Pack and Prepare.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled departures are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). We try to cater our tours to all ability and interest levels – and this really depends on the group that day. Your Escape artist will choose the difficulty of the physical activity based on the group’s interest and ability level. If you are interested in a different level, we can certainly put together a private itinerary specifically for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding specific questions!
3. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests, we can accommodate vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diets, and often times can also accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
|15 days or more before the tour date.||Any change, including a rescheduling of the tour date, will incur a $25 per booking change fee. Any cancellation will incur a $50 per booking cancellation fee.|
|8-14 days before the tour date.||Any change, including a rescheduling of the tour date, will incur a $25 per booking change fee. Any cancellation will incur a fee equal to 50% of the total booking amount.|
|Within 7 days of the tour date||Any change, including a rescheduling of the tour date, will incur a $50 per booking change fee. No refunds given for cancellation.|
|*Please note: Change and cancellation fees do not include penalties incurred by third parties. Other cancellation fees or refunds for customer cancellation are at the discretion of the hotels, tour operators, caterers, rental car agencies and other Service Providers with which EGE has reserved on the customer’s behalf for travel and tour related services. Insurance purchases are always non-refundable.|
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from EverGreen Escapes.
This tour can be customized as a private tour or corporate retreat, call or email for a quote.
Thank you for exploring the Pacific Northwest with EverGreen Escapes!