All- Inclusive | Small Group Tour
Our escapes seat a max of 10 | Private Escapes are available on request for any size group
Wed, Sat | 8:00am – 6:00pm | Winter | $215
This full-day escape offers ample opportunities for adventure, exploration, learning, and having fun! Old and new growth forests, birds, wildlife, lakes, waterfalls and river valleys connected to Glaciers are just a few of the sights you may see as you snowshoe high above the hiking trails.
**WEATHER WATCH- If there is not enough snow for snowshoeing, we will do a hike instead. Please check our Pack and Prepare page for suggestions on what to wear to stay warm, dry and comfortable. Check current weather conditions here.**
- Interpretive snowshoe lead by an expert naturalist
- Gorgeous views of alpine lakes
- Relax at Timberline Lodge
Full-day Mt Hood Snowshoe
Note: Typically, snowshoeing is possible between mid-December and the beginning of April. Before the snow flies, or after it melts, this tour itinerary is the same as our Mt. Hood Loop Adventure.
- Activities | Snowshoeing, wildlife viewing, birding, ecological & geological sightseeing with naturalist interpretation
- Interests | Geology, glaciology, volcanoes, botany, natural & local history
- Group Size | Maximum of 10
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Downtown Portland Hotel, Cruise Terminal or Columbia Sportswear at 911 SW Broadway
- Highly qualified naturalist Escape Artist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes Vans and luxury SUVs
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- Local, mostly organic lunch with local wine
- Gear and equipment
- Entry fees
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
- Duration | 10 hours
- All-Inclusive Rate | $215 per person
- Age | 6+
Ask about customizing this as a private escape!Book Now
EverGreen Escapes is Cascadia’s premier local and sustainable adventure, nature and epicurean tour company. Specializing in private and small group, naturalist led escapes in bio-fueled Mercedes Vans and Crossovers. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
- We recommend wearing layers that you can add if there is wind or rain, and remove when there is sunshine. Comfortable walking shoes will allow you to explore further at some of our stops. It’s always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. See more on how to Pack and Prepare.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled departures are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). We try to cater our tours to all ability and interest levels – and this really depends on the group that day. Your Escape artist will choose the difficulty of the physical activity based on the group’s interest and ability level. If you are interested in a different level, we can certainly put together a private itinerary specifically for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding specific questions!
3. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests, we can accommodate vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diets, and often times can also accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
|15 days or more before the tour date.||Any change, including a rescheduling of the tour date, will incur a $25 per booking change fee. Any cancellation will incur a $50 per booking cancellation fee.|
|8-14 days before the tour date.||Any change, including a rescheduling of the tour date, will incur a $25 per booking change fee. Any cancellation will incur a fee equal to 50% of the total booking amount.|
|Within 7 days of the tour date||Any change, including a rescheduling of the tour date, will incur a $50 per booking change fee. No refunds given for cancellation.|
|*Please note: Change and cancellation fees do not include penalties incurred by third parties. Other cancellation fees or refunds for customer cancellation are at the discretion of the hotels, tour operators, caterers, rental car agencies and other Service Providers with which EGE has reserved on the customer’s behalf for travel and tour related services. Insurance purchases are always non-refundable.|
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from EverGreen Escapes.
Prefer a private tailor-made adventure for your friends, family or corporate group?
Thank you for Exploring Cascadia with the Local Experts.