All-Inclusive | Small Group Tour
Our escapes seat a max of 10 | Private Escapes are available on request for any size group
Year Round | *Wed, Fri, Sun | 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. | $225.00
* Wednesday departures only available May 15 – Sept 30
Discover in a day the peninsula’s treasured Olympic National Park with a naturalist at your side during our Olympic National Park Tour. Large and varied, you may find yourself hiking through the country’s oldest forests down to prehistoric-looking beaches while catching views of the dramatic Olympic Range. In adventure-outfitted vehicles, you may climb up to Hurricane Ridge for a panorama of jagged peaks, alpine meadows, and the sea. Or maybe you will opt to visit a working farm and cidery for a taste of the Olympic Peninsula. With a small group and an expert Escape Artist guide, there are a lot of options for a quintessential Northwest day that can include anything from beaches and mountains, to forests and farms.
**WEATHER WATCH– This tour includes walking or light hiking and there may be enough snow for snowshoeing at Hurricane Ridge, in which case your guide will bring all necessary equipment. Please check our Pack and Prepare page for suggestions on what to wear to stay warm, dry and comfortable. You may also check current weather conditions here.**
The full day may include several of these activities:
- Learn forest ecology in the mysterious Olympic National Park
- Learn geology about the stunning Olympic Mountains
- Short interpretive nature walks
- Education on NW plants and wildlife
- Spot for wildlife and waterfalls along scenic routes
- Drive up to Hurricane Ridge for incredible mountain views
- Visit Lake Crescent and take a walk to Marymere Falls
- View the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge or visit Finnriver Cidery
- Enjoy a Cascadian Safari Lunch with wine included!
Beaches, Mountains & Wildlife
The Olympic Peninsula is a microcosm of Northwest ecosystems! Here you find remote beaches littered with tide-scoured cedar logs alongside the country’s oldest forests and one of the state’s most dramatic mountain ranges. The options are endless, and your senses will never rest.
The Peninsula harbors some of the greatest true wilderness left in the contiguous United States, sixteen species of plants and animals evolved here and nowhere else. We will catch sight of a waterfall or two as well as take a few short interpretive nature walks throughout the day.
The options are varied and your expert Escape Artist guide for the day will lead you through many of the wonders of the park suited to the particular day, as well as your small group.
Along the scenic loop is the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge. Your naturalist guide may lead you out onto the sand spit that hooks out into the strait that leads to an old lighthouse. In Spring and Fall thousands of waterfowl and shorebirds descend on the shallow waters protected by the spit! You can spot for them while exploring the driftwood strewn beach.
Weather permitting, you may drive up to Hurricane Ridge, a mountain citadel that puts you at the edge of the parks exceptionally jagged peaks. We watch for wildlife, too; Olympic marmots and black-tailed deer often show up, and black bear are fairly common. From the meadows at the summit take in a superb 360-degree view that embraces the surrounding mountains, the strait, the San Juan Islands. Possibly follow a trail for a bit or snowshoe high above them in winter!
Or perhaps your guide will lead you to the deep blue Crescent Lake surrounded in trails full of history and some mysterious tales, as well as the beautiful Marymere Falls nearby.
One full day in this beautifully rugged and wild part of the Pacific Coast can take you from beaches, to mountain tops, to forests, while traversing bridges and ferries to make your way into the heart of the Olympic Peninsula.
Enhance this experience by making it an overnight Wild and Wine Adventure! After your tour in Olympic National Park, spend the night in the heart of Pike Place Market, and then explore Woodinville Wine Country for an exclusive experience tasting some of the best wine of the region!
Skip the drive home, you’ve got options
Olympics Adventure Upgrade
Soar and Explore Aboard
a Kenmore Air Seaplane!
Seaplane Flight to Seattle
Unforgettable views. Cuts the return time in half. Kenmore is highly reputable.
Contact Us for current pricing and to book your flight in advance.
Or Stay and Play for Two Days
Join your naturalist guide on a journey to the wild and rugged coast and the jaw dropping rainforest that makes this park one of only 20 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in North America. Spend the night sleeping in comfort with our select hotel partner in Sequim, and see Hurricane Ridge and Dungeness Spit on day two.
Full Day Olympic Peninsula Tour
- Activities | Hiking, nature walks, waterfall viewing, marine & wildlife spotting, birding, ecological & geological sightseeing with naturalist interpretation
- Interests | Forest ecology, geology, glaciology, waterfalls, sustainability, botany, natural & local history
- Group Size | Maximum of 10
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Downtown Seattle Hotel, Cruise Terminal or downtown Arc’teryx retail store (400 Pike St.)
- Highly qualified naturalist Escape Artist guide
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes Vans and luxury SUVs
- Cascadian Safari locally sourced and/or organic lunch
- Seasonal snacks and refreshments throughout the tour
- All entry fees
- Snowshoes in winter
- Comprehensive naturalist commentary
- Duration | 11 hours
- Difficulty | Beginner to moderate
- Season | Year Round | Wednesdays available only May 15 – Oct 31
- All-Inclusive Rate | $225 per person
- Age | 6+
Ask about customizing this as a private escape!
EverGreen Escapes is Cascadia’s premier local and sustainable adventure, nature and epicurean tour company. Specializing in private and small group, naturalist led escapes in bio-fueled Mercedes Vans and Crossovers. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
- We recommend wearing layers that you can add if there is wind or rain, and remove when there is sunshine. Comfortable walking shoes will allow you to explore further at some of our stops. It’s always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. See more on how to Pack and Prepare.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled departures are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). We try to cater our tours to all ability and interest levels – and this really depends on the group that day. Your Escape artist will choose the difficulty of the physical activity based on the group’s interest and ability level. If you are interested in a different level, we can certainly put together a private itinerary specifically for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding specific questions!
3. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests, we can accommodate vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diets, and often times can also accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Please review our Terms and Conditions for information on changes and cancellations.
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from EverGreen Escapes.
Prefer a private tailor-made adventure for your friends, family or corporate group?
Contact an Escape Artist for a custom tour, morale building adventure, or retreat.
Thank you for Exploring Cascadia with the Local Experts.