All-Inclusive | Small Group Tour
Our escapes seat a max of 10 | Private Escapes are available on request for any size group
Fri, Sat, Sun | 2:00pm – 7:00pm | December Only | $95 Per Person
This December join EverGreen Escapes for a fun and festive tour of Seattle’s holiday lights and neighborhood breweries. Treat your taste buds to the spices of the season, hopped up with holiday spirit at several local breweries. Then explore the Christmas lights of Seattle and its neighborhoods in a luxury Mercedes Sprinter with someone else at the wheel.
- Beer Tasting
- Seattle city Tour
- Holiday lights & Scenic views
- Local & Natural
Grab a group of friends or coworkers for a holiday party on wheels! You’ll visit three distinctly different breweries to taste the taps, learn about the brewing process. Get a behind the scenes tour of beer making in action and hear the stories behind the brews. In addition to lagers and ales, compare seasonal holiday brews, which not only tout the flavors of the season, but are often aged in bourbon barrels throughout the year. In between breweries, travel in luxurious Mercedes Sprinters through Seattle’s festive neighborhoods lined with dazzling lights that take holiday spirit to the extreme.
Optional Private Brewmaster’s Dinner
Make this a private party or corporate holiday outing! Step inside the brewery at Schooner Exact for a brewer’s dinner including a four or five-course seasonal dinner with beer pairings, a brewery tour, and discussions with the Schooner Exact Brewer and Chef.
Call or email to see how you can book a Brews & Bulbs Tour with a private Brewmaster’s dinner.
- Dates: Dec. 13 – 29, 2013
- Departs: Fri, Sat, Sun, 2:00pm
- Returns: 7:00pm
- Pick-up and drop-off: Any downtown Seattle hotel or downtown Columbia Sportswear retail store (290 Pine St.)
- Travel in adventure-outfitted Mercedes Vans and luxury SUVs
- All-Inclusive Rate: $95 + tax
- Includes: Transportation, all tasting fees, snacks, expert interpretation, behind the scenes brewery tour, souvenir pint glass
- Age Restriction: 21+
We start in downtown Seattle and head either north or south depending on your brewery itinerary for that day. Some breweries we might visit include:
- Fremont Brewing Company | This small brewery, started in 2008, makes organic ales, all from local ingredients and is dedicated to sustainability (producing beer while minimizing environmental harm).
- Georgetown Brewing Company | taste of some of the most popular local beers in the city. This microbrewery is a draft beer only production brewery specializing in Porters, Pilsners, Pale, Red, and Brown Ales.
- Schooner Exact Brewing Company | a small brewery in the SoDo industrial district which produces the “History Line” of beers that takes you on a trip through Seattle’s history as you taste their fantastic porters, wheats, ales and seasonal specialties.
- Elliott Bay Brewpub | a neighborhood brewpub and brewery operating since 1997 and now home to 12 organically-certified beers! They produce quite a variety, including Pale Ales, IPAs, Belgian, Wheat, Stout, Seasonal, and Cask Conditioned Beers. They also take their environmental stewardship seriously, serving organic tea and coffee, composting food waste, recycling waste fry oil into biodiesel, and reusing spent grain from the brewing process as an ingredient in its hamburger buns!
- Pyramid Brewery | Located across the street from Safeco Field, home of the Seattle Mariners, and just a block south of Qwest Field -The Seattle Alehouse, Pyramid Brewery’s original location, offers year-round beers, rotating seasonals, and a few unique Pyramid offerings you won’t find anywhere else. We’ll have a Pyramid Sampler paired with a snack while we get a behind the scenes tour from their brewmaster.
- Maritime Pacific Brewing Company | a small, family-owned brewery created to salute Seattle’s seafaring industry. They focus on handcrafted ales, lagers, and seasonal beers.
- Hale’s Ales | a former industrial hose manufacturing plant converted into a brewery (brewing beer in a traditional English method, with open-topped fermenters and a specially adapted ale yeast), and a comfortable brewpub inspired by English pubs. They produce ales (cream and IPA), amber, stouts, porters, and seasonal beers.
- Pike Brewing Company | in the heart of Pike Place Market, famous for their Kilt Lifter, they run a well oiled machine and we get to see it in action!
**Many of these small local breweries have limited hours of operation therefore breweries visited on your specific tour will vary based on availability and hours of operation.
EverGreen Escapes is Cascadia’s premier local and sustainable adventure, nature and epicurean tour company. Specializing in private and small group, naturalist led escapes in bio-fueled Mercedes Vans and Crossovers. We’re a small business with a Big Mission: to create positive change in the world by connecting people with places and nature. Our guides aren’t just naturalists, they’re Escape Artists.
- We recommend wearing layers that you can add if there is wind or rain, and remove when there is sunshine. Comfortable walking shoes will allow you to explore further at some of our stops. It’s always a good idea to bring sunglasses and a camera! We provide reusable water bottles, along with other snacks and refreshments. See more on how to Pack and Prepare.
2. How strenuous is this? How much experience do I need to have?
- All of our scheduled departures are meant for beginners (easy to moderate). We try to cater our tours to all ability and interest levels – and this really depends on the group that day. Your Escape artist will choose the difficulty of the physical activity based on the group’s interest and ability level. If you are interested in a different level, we can certainly put together a private itinerary specifically for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding specific questions!
3. Can I have vegetarian/ special diet food?
- Yes. Please advise us if you have any food restrictions or requests, we can accommodate vegetarian diets, lactose intolerant diets, and often times can also accommodate gluten free diets when given enough notice.
4. What is your Cancellation Policy?
|15 days or more before the tour date.||Any change, including a rescheduling of the tour date, will incur a $25 per booking change fee. Any cancellation will incur a $50 per booking cancellation fee.|
|8-14 days before the tour date.||Any change, including a rescheduling of the tour date, will incur a $25 per booking change fee. Any cancellation will incur a fee equal to 50% of the total booking amount.|
|Within 7 days of the tour date||Any change, including a rescheduling of the tour date, will incur a $50 per booking change fee. No refunds given for cancellation.|
|*Please note: Change and cancellation fees do not include penalties incurred by third parties. Other cancellation fees or refunds for customer cancellation are at the discretion of the hotels, tour operators, caterers, rental car agencies and other Service Providers with which EGE has reserved on the customer’s behalf for travel and tour related services. Insurance purchases are always non-refundable.|
5. Should I get Travel Insurance?
- We recommend that you do. Travel insurance can be purchased to cover penalty costs in the event you need to cancel or change your travel plans (subject to approval of claim by the insurer). It also can provide medical and emergency assistance protection as well as some loss and delay coverage. Travel insurance can be purchased directly from EverGreen Escapes.
Prefer a private tailor-made adventure for your friends, family or corporate group?
Thank you for Exploring Cascadia with the Local Experts.